Paul Sitzler MBBS FRACS
- MBBS Melbourne University 1985
- FRACS 1992
- 18 years Colorectal Surgeon
- Member Colorectal Surgical Society of Australasia 1996-current
- Member American Society of Colorectal Surgery 2004-current
- Member St Marks Association
- Member Australian Medical Association
- Colorectal Surgeon Box Hill Hospital.
- Head of Unit & General Surgeon Sandringham & District Memorial Hospital.
- Colorectal Surgeon Epworth Medical Centre.
- Colorectal Surgeon, Linacre/Como Private Hospitals.
- Holmesglen Private Hospital
- Colorectal Surgeon Western Hospital Footscray 1997-2003
- General Surgeon Werribee Mercy Hospital Werribee 1996-2004
- Colorectal Surgeon Monash Medical Centre 2001-2008
- Visiting Surgeon Bass Coast Hospital Wonthaggi.
- Clinical Research Fellow St Marks Hospital London 1994-1995
- Colorectal Fellow Singapore General Hospital Singapore 1996-1996
- Rectal cancer, Incontenence, Rectal prolapse
Journal Papers Published: 8
Lectures delivered: 30
Consultation and sigmoidoscopy
I see patients in the rooms regardless of insurance status. Consultation for new patients averages 20-30 minutes. Sigmoidoscopy is done in the rooms which is a briefly uncomfortable but generally painless procedure to check the internal aspect of the anal canal and rectum. Any proposed surgical procedure can be planned for the private or public hospital system depending on patient choice. Surgery in the public hospitals will generally be done on my lists either by myself or under supervision by a surgical registrar or fellow. There is a possibility that your surgery will be done under the direction of another surgeon within the surgical team. Surgery in private hospitals will be done by myself, as will post-operative management.
Treatment of Haemorrhoids