Colorectal Conditions treated
- Robotic, laparoscopic and open colorectal surgery
- Complex colon, rectal and pelvic cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Rectal prolapse, faecal incontinence
- Complex endometriosis
- Perianal conditions: Fissures, Haemorrhoids, Fistulas, Anal pain
- Transanal surgery and TAMIS
General Surgical conditions treated
- Minimally invasive hernia surgery
- Recurrent hernias and complex abdominal wall hernias
- Appendicitis and small bowel pathology
- Gallbladder surgery
- Pilonidal disease
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Skin lesions and skin cancers
Colorectal and General Surgeon
FRACS, PhD, CSSANZ
Vignesh is a specialist Colorectal and General Surgeon with Monash Health and Alfred/Sandringham Hospitals.
After completing his General Surgical training at the Alfred hospital, he undertook subspecialty training with the highly competitive colorectal training program (CSSANZ) at Fiona Stanley Hospital and Monash Health. Vignesh then went overseas, and completed an Advanced Colorectal Oncology and Robotics Fellowship at the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Vignesh is an active clinical and translational researcher, having published over 50 peer reviewed publications, and multiple book chapters. He completed his PhD at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, focusing on colorectal cancer and peritoneal disease. His PhD thesis won the PeterMac/University of Melbourne medal, and his research was awarded numerous travel awards, prizes and scholarships, including the Tour De Cure Cancer scholarship and NHMRC Postgraduate scholarship. He has received more than $1.3million in research grants. He also holds an Adjunct senior lecturer position with Monash University.
His clinical research interests include organ preservation (non-operative management) for rectal cancer, young onset colorectal cancer and optimising early recovery after surgery (ERAS) strategies.
Vignesh is happy to see patients in the rooms regardless of their insurance status. All new referrals will be seen within a week, with electronic correspondence back to the referring clinician.
Vignesh takes pride in treating all patients with the latest evidence-based care, collaborative decision making and with utmost respect, kindness and empathy.